How does BOLT work?
Upper-room UVGI is currently a recommended strategy to reduce exposures to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. A thoroughly vetted technology, the first HVAC system application to eliminate airborne pathogens dates to 1940.
Where can BOLT help?
- CDC recommends ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) in schools and non-home-based childcare programs as a supplemental treatment to inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19
- New York Times: Scientists consider indoor Ultraviolet light to zap coronavirus
- Influence of ceiling fan’s speed and direction on efficacy of upperroom, ultraviolet germicidal irradiation
- Harvard fact sheet on UV disinfection
- International Ultraviolet Association (IUVA) fact sheet on COVID-19
- Infection Control Germicidal technologies reduce hospital airborne pathogens
- History of UVGI for air disinfection
- Upper-room ultraviolet light and negative air ionization to prevent virus transmission
- Current UV technologies prove efective against SARS-CoV-2 indoors
- Upper-Room UVGI: an infectious disease control strategy
- Germicidal technologies reduce hospital airborne pathogens